Spreadsheets have been a go-to tool for businesses when it comes to organising and analysing data for decades. Many continue to use spreadsheets for financial reporting as well as for monitoring various operational metrics. However, spreadsheets aren’t necessarily the best option available for data analysis now and there are several modern software solutions available that are specifically designed to streamline the reporting process.
From small start-ups to large multinational corporations, companies of all sizes can benefit from updating their systems and using smart accounting software, like Sage Intacct. Although many are currently reliant on spreadsheets, the dashboards and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) within Sage Intacct can transform the reporting process. As your operations grow and data becomes more complex, there are several limitations to using spreadsheets and now is the perfect time to introduce Sage Intacct into your reporting process.
Below we have explored how dashboards and KPIs can be beneficial when you’re reporting and why they’re a preferred choice to spreadsheets for lots of growing companies.
How Dashboards and KPIs can Benefit Reporting
When compared to using spreadsheets and manually gathering, inputting and analysing data, using dashboards and KPIs can be hugely beneficial. Sage Intacct provides you with accurate data at your fingertips and the reporting capabilities can help you to ensure you’re providing the right people with the best insights at the right time. Some of the key benefits of using detailed dashboards and KPIs include;
- Real-time data: Accounting software like Sage Intacct will provide you with real-time data that is automatically updated. You can select KPIs to track on your dashboards and this will make it easy to analyse business performance. Removing the need for manual data entry and updating can save time and ensure you always have the up-to-date data you need to make business decisions.
- Visual representation – The dashboards in Sage Intacct will provide you with a visual representation of data and you can clearly see the information that matters most. It will be much easier to spot trends, flag exceptions and identify patterns when you have report visualisation. In contrast, when data is spread across different spreadsheets, it can be very difficult to turn it into useful insights.
- Interactivity – Modern, online accounting software is designed to be interactive and you can tailor the reporting experience to your specific needs. Using dashboards and KPIs, you will have full financial transparency and you can drill down into data to get a much more detailed view of performance. This will enable you to identify the root cause of any issues and make data-driven decisions.
- Collaboration – The customisable dashboards can be shared with different departments and stakeholders in real time through email or via the cloud. This ensures that everyone is on the same page and it enables collaboration. You have full control over who sees real-time reports and period-end views, and you won’t have to manually consolidate or share data like you do with spreadsheets.
- Ease of use – Sage Intacct is designed to be straightforward to use. Its simple and modern interface will enable the whole team to access the data they need, whenever they need it. There will be no time-consuming and error-prone spreadsheet formulas and functions to worry about, and you won’t require advanced skills or knowledge to make the most of the Sage Intacct functionality.
While spreadsheets still have their place in business, they are no longer the best option available for reporting. Keeping finances in good health starts with using dashboards and KPIs, which will provide you with the real-time visibility you need and will streamline your reporting process. Not only can accounting software save you time and enable you to use your resources more efficiently, but it can improve the accuracy of data reporting and provide you with a competitive edge.
Using Sage Intacct to Improve Reporting Capabilities
Sage Intacct is user-friendly, cloud-based accounting software that supports the needs of businesses in different industries. It’s a highly flexible solution that can be scaled up as your business grows and it provides impressive reporting capabilities. Sage Intacct offers a variety of dashboard features to help businesses track their financial performance, including;
- Customisable reports – This accounting software provides a range of standard reports that can be customised to suit your current business needs. Whether you have multiple locations or you operate in multiple currencies, it will be easy for you to create your own reports using the Report Writer tool.
- Real-time data – As mentioned above, Sage Intacct provides real-time data that can be accessed from anywhere at any time. It enables you to keep your finger on the pulse of your growing business and make informed decisions quickly. Having a flow of up-to-date data across your organisation can be very useful.
- Interactive dashboards – This cloud-based solution offers interactive dashboards that provide a visual representation of your financial data. The dashboards allow you to easily track the performance of your business and you can customise them to display the metrics that matter most, ensuring nothing important is overlooked.
- Drill-down capabilities – Sage Intacct enables you to drill down into 24/7 data to get a more detailed view of your financials. Being able to identify trends and spot patterns will help you to make informed decisions to drive your success. Having a full audit trail and being able to highlight exceptions is beneficial too.
- Connected solution – Not only can Sage Intacct be beneficial for accountants and bookkeepers, but it opens up a world of insights to all key stakeholders. It allows users to collaborate on reports and dashboards, making it easy to share information across teams. Not to mention, it also connects with other industry-specific solutions.
Try Sage Intacct Accounting Software in Ireland
If you’re currently using spreadsheets for reporting, you should look into Sage Intacct in more detail. This financial management solution can help drive your internal efficiencies and it can be useful for both small businesses and multinational corporations. If you have any questions about how Sage Intacct can help your business, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Envisage today. We specialise in modern accounting software in Ireland and we will happily discuss the benefits of upgrading to Sage Intacct with you in more detail.
Here at Envisage, we take the time to truly understand our customer’s unique needs and we work in partnership with them to find the best solutions to their problems. We pride ourselves on being open and honest from the outset, and we genuinely care about the outcome of the projects we work on. Building and maintaining relationships with our customers is important to us and we look forward to being of assistance to you.